Anglesey Sandman Triathlon
Sunday 22nd September 2013 - Registration now open
There are fewer than 250 places left in the Sandman! There will be a strict closure of entries once the event is full.
No.1 on the "UK's top five triathlon bases"
Read some 2012 testimonials here.
The stunning Sandman Trail Triathlon will take place on Sunday 22nd September 2013. It is the second in the series that starts with the classic Snowdonia Slateman.
The Sandman race venue is Newborough Forest, the start and finish set in an exclusive area within the 700ha woods adjacent to Llanddwyn Beach.
In an area of outstanding natural beauty, the surrounding scenery along the race route is stunning, this event offers a challenge for everyone regardless of fitness and experience.
The Anglesey Sandman will comprise two distances, the Full Sandman and the Sandman Sprint. You will also be able to compete as a relay team in both distances.
The two courses are as follows:
Full Sandman (£59.95 individual or £75.95 team relay, plus a small card fee which is outside our control)
- 1000m Sea Swim off Llanddwyn beach
- 60 km Road Cycle circular route taking riders via Llanfairpwllgwyngyll and back along the west coast of Anglesey
- 10 km Trail Run along Llanddwyn forest trails, sand dunes and beach
Sandman Sprint (£49.95 individual or £65.95 team relay, plus a small card fee which is outside our control)
- 400m Sea Swim off Llanddwyn beach
- 18 km Road Cycle heading out towards Llanfairpwll and back through Llangaffo
- 5 km Trail Run again along Llanddwyn Forest trails, sand dunes and beach
We will also be hosting a kids triathlon/duathlon in partnership with the Anglesey Sports Development Team.
2102 Results are here