Sandman Triathlon - Newborough, Anglesey
Sunday 21st September 2014
No.1 on the "UK's top five triathlon bases"
The Sandman race venue is Newborough Forest, the start and finish set in an exclusive area within the 700ha woods adjacent to Llanddwyn Beach.
In an area of outstanding natural beauty, the surrounding scenery along the race route is stunning, this event offers a challenge for everyone regardless of fitness and experience.
The Anglesey Sandman will comprise two distances, the Full Sandman and the Sandman Sprint. You will also be able to compete as a relay team in both distances.
The two courses are as follows:
- 1000m Sea Swim off Llanddwyn beach
- 60 km Road Cycle circular route taking riders via Llanfairpwllgwyngyll and back along the west coast of Anglesey
- 10 km Trail Run along Llanddwyn forest trails, sand dunes and beach
- 400m Sea Swim off Llanddwyn beach
- 18 km Road Cycle heading out towards Llanfairpwll and back through Llangaffo
- 5 km Trail Run again along Llanddwyn Forest trails, sand dunes and beach